Coaching is a new name for an old trade and many executives actually fail to grasp exactly what coach can do for them. I have been coaching clients for almost two decades. Over that time, I have noticed an increased appreciation of the value that I bring. One of the best-kept secrets of highly successful executives is that they use, in some form or another, a coach to help them get to where they want to be both in life and in business. A coach can help you identify goals and can motivate you to make those goals a reality. Here are just a few of the benefits of having such a coach:
- Setting Goals: One of the most important benefits of coaching is that I help my clients in setting and reaching their goals. The most common reason why executives have difficulty in manifesting success in their lives is that they do not have a true idea of what success really means to them. Without any source of direction, how can a person expect to have any quantifiable results? As your coach, I ask the right questions in order to help you figure out what it is that is most important to you. Once those goals are established, I help you to develop a plan of action to achieve those them.
- Defining Values: Most people fail to understand how to create success and happiness in their lives is because they do not have an understanding of what success and happiness really means to them. I assist my clients in defining who they really are by clarifying their values.
- Accountability: This is a big issue with my coaching engagements. Even if you have created a perfect plan to achieve your goals, it is not really useful unless you stick with it! Since goals mean a change in lifestyle as well as extending yourself beyond your comfort zone, you may tend to revert to what is safe and comfortable in your life at the first sign of discomfort. However, this can often delay and sometimes even prevent your goal attainment. I serve as your professional accountability partner that can make sure that you stick to your plan and keep you on track towards your goal.
- A Sounding Board: I act as a sounding board for all your ideas. Because of my professional and life experiences, I have both knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas. I act as a qualified source of expertise and will be able to honestly tell you whether your idea will work or not by providing you with feedback.
- Motivation: I motivate my clients towards their goals and make them accountable if they sway off the path to their goals. Even the best experts in the world utilize coaches because there is a strong psychological factor of accountability when another person has oversight on your progress.
- Overcoming Challenges: Whenever you are facing a roadblock to achieving your goals, I can help you to brainstorm for possible solutions to such challenges.
- Balance: One of the primary benefits I bring to my coaching is to assist you in achieving a positive balance between work and your personal life. This leads lead to reduced stress levels and a better quality of life.
- Confidentiality: Although coaching is not therapy or counseling, my ethics dictate that the same rules of client confidentiality apply to coaching sessions. Therefore, what is discussed is kept strictly confidential.
Coaching is a very good way to unlock your potential and find the life that you were made to live. It is, after all, your life and your opportunity to experience it as it can be. If you want to learn more about my coaching, send me an e-mail and we will arrange a time to talk.
© Dr. Earl R. Smith II
- Reflections of a Coach
- My Executive Coaching Perspective
- Selecting the Right Coach
- Choosing a Coach
- Life Coaching – Finding Your Path
- The Passion Quest – Finding Your Center
- A Leadership Coach – Finding the Right One